9 – 10:45am – Introductions, propose sessions
Because THATCamp is an unconference, the session topics will be decided collaboratively during the introduction session in the morning. So, come with your ideas of things to talk about, make, teach, or play with and be ready to add them to the agenda!
11am – 12pm – Sesson 1
12 – 1pm – Lunch
1 – 2pm – Session 2
2:15 – 3:15pm – Session 3
3:30 – 4pm – Wrap Up
Parking at Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) and Navigating to THATCamp Twin Cities
Navigating to THATCamp Twin Cities 2016 [PDF version]
Building Location & Entrance
THATCamp Twin Cities will be held on the third floor of Whitney Hall at MCTC. The first and second floor of this building houses the Library, hence, all room numbers in this building start with “L.” THATCamp participants will congregate in Whitney Hall room L.3000 at the beginning of the day.
You can enter Whitney Hall through the Hennepin Avenue entrance, across the street from the 16th Street & Hennepin Avenue parking ramp and just up the street from the Basilica of St. Mary. This entrance is noted with a purple arrow on the map below:
Transportation and Parking
MCTC provides a large number of outdoor bicycle racks (locks not provided). Several bicycle racks are located immediately next to the entrance to the Library / Whitney Hall. A NiceRide station is also located one block south of the Library / Whitney Hall, on Maple Street, bordering Loring Park.
MCTC is located on a number of bus lines, and a bus stop is located directly in front of the Library / Whitney Hall, on Hennepin Avenue. (Bus lines that stop at this location are the 4, 6, 12, and 141. Other routes stop nearby.) To map your trip to MCTC, visit MetroTransit’s trip planner (www.metrotransit.org/) and enter in the “To” location: Landmark > Colleges and Universities > Minneapolis Community and Technical College.
- Parking Ramp: Ramp parking is available directly across Hennepin Avenue (see map) from Whitney Hall. Ramp parking is $5.00 per entry for all day parking. We suggest that you park on the first floor of the ramp, and cross Hennepin Avenue on street level. Note: Due to construction that is taking place in the “T” building conjoined by the skyway to the parking ramp, we don’t suggest using the skyway from the ramp to cross Hennepin Avenue.
- Metered on-street parking: Streets nearby MCTC offer metered parking. Parking meter payment stations are located on each block, and accept card and cash payment methods. Metered parking is $1.00 per two hours.
- Non-metered on-street parking: If you’re willing to take a bit of a walk, non-metered on-street parking can be found on the east and north side of Loring Park, and neighboring roads.
Once You’ve Arrived
Regardless of whether you’ve parked in the ramp, on the street, rode a bicycle, bus, or walked to MCTC, we suggest that you use the entrance to the Library / Whitney Hall indicated by the purple arrow on the included map. After you enter the Library / Whitney Hall using this entrance…
- …to the right of the entrance you’ll find an elevator that you can take directly to the third floor.
- …to the left of the entrance will be a staircase you can take to the second floor, and again to your left another staircase to the third floor.
Signage will direct you to the central THATCamp hub, L.3000.